Did you know that e-commerce has been growing 23% year over year? Yet 46% of American small businesses still do not have a website? By the same token, 51% of Americans prefer to shop online and at least 96% of Americans with Internet access have shopped online once. Does every business need a website? Not necessarily. But the vast majority of them should have a website. You too should understand the importance of having a website for your business. There are several reasons why your business needs a website in today’s economy:
5 Reasons to Have a Website
- Accessibility. A website is online and accessible 24/7, 365 days a year. Your customers and potential customers can visit your site whenever it is more convenient for them. They can search for information about your upcoming products and/or services at any time of the day and night. Your website is a precious and always-available resource for information which would otherwise only be accessible during your regular business hours.
- Low Cost Advertising. According to recent statistics, the number of internet users world-wide has surpassed 3.58 billion. Therefore, the Web has a far wider reach than any other form of advertising. Even though it takes time to build up traffic to a new website, it costs relatively little to do so. Your website will be the center of your online presence. In fact, consumers will be making decisions about whether or not they will even visit your store, or office starting with your website. Should they believe your website doesn’t reflect the kind of experience they are expecting from your your business, they will just disengage and leave.
- No Website Means Losing Potential Sales. Let’s assume you are a store owner and someone from your neighboring town may be interested in your product or services. How are they going to find you if they don’t live in your store’s neighborhood? By now it should be clear the importance of having a website for your business. If you don’t have a website, you’re missing out on opportunities and sales because potential customers cannot identify who you are and whether they want to spend money with you.
- Opportunities Abroad. If you have a product or a service that you can easily sell online, you can increase your customer base exponentially by having a website. Your website could literally turn into a gold mine. In fact, it would make it possible for anyone in the world to find your business. However, even if you can’t sell your product online, by having a website you can gain new customers that are outside of your geographic area.
- Build Authority for Your Business. In today’s economy, your website is becoming increasingly important for customers researching a small business. They want to be assured that you’re stable enough to have a dedicated professional web presence. They want to be sure you are here to stay! By having a website for your business, you show customers that this is where they can reach you or learn more about your company. All of this builds authority for your business. Without a website, you’re at a huge disadvantage as a small business trying to communicate with your customers.
We will be glad to further discuss the importance of having a website for your business with you. Find out today what we can do for you.